Morag originally trained as an opera singer at The Royal Northern College of Music, performing in Buxton Festival and with Opera North while still a student.
Her career aims and direction opened up after enjoying an 18-month West End run in Phantom of The Opera at Her Majesty’s Theatre playing Carlotta, the evil Italian diva. From then Morag embraced and relished the challenge of singing and performing in a range of styles. She is married with two grown up children – a son and a daughter – one a musician the other an artist. She enjoys travel, being active, reading, entertaining friends and family company – and her two dogs, Topsy & Lola (named in relation to the show Tonight Lola Blau).
More about Morag, plus interviews >
National Opera Companies
- Mother and The Witch in Welsh National Opera’s production of Hansel & Gretel
- Lucy in Scottish Opera’s production of Threepenny Opera
- The Good Wife and The Maid in Opera Circus’s production of Shameless (extensive national and international tours)
- Kas in Opera Circus’s showcase of Arcane
- Played Dorothy Fields in the world premier of Amanda Mackenzie Stuart’s Dorothy Fields: Rhythm of Life at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- Tomfoolery and Trouble In Tahiti for Jigsaw Theatre in venues throughout the UK
- Played Lola Blau in Tonight Lola Blau by Georg Kreisler (translated to English by Don White) at the New End Theatre in Hampstead.
- Member of Impropera (improvised opera) team (Festivals include Oslo, Stockholm, Munich, Bath, Belfast, Edinburgh, Wexford), Bridewell Theatre London, Soho Theatre London, Jermyn Street Theatre London, San Giorgo Italy and Banff Canada.
Recent One Women Shows/Concerts/Cabarets
- I Never Do Anything Twice (Pizza on The Park, Edinburgh Festival, Dublin Festival, Buxton Festival, Jermyn Street Theatre, Lauderdale House, Dulwich Picture Gallery, Theatre Barn, Riverhouse Barn)
- Neat (Pizza on The Park)
- Hey Big Spender (Pizza on The Park, Buxton Festival)
- Concerts of Dorothy Fields songs presented at The Purcell Room London, The Queen’s Hall, Edinburgh and Epsom Theatre
- One Woman Shows at Don’t Tell Mama’s New York (Nov, 2002 and Feb, 2003), The Queen’s Hall Edinburgh (Sept, 2003 and Sept, 2004) and most recently in Belgium and Holland
- Festival Theatre Edinburgh
Songs From The Shows Gala
More about these shows >
- A Little Night Music (Royal National Theatre cast recording)
- Solo CD I Never Do Anything Twice
- Solo CD Nobody Does It Like Me – A Tribute To Dorothy Fields
- Dangerous Cabaret – The Music & Lyrics of Brett Kahr
- Solo CD Tonight: Lola Blau – (the only UK recording of songs from this show)
Listen to extracts >
- Programme consultant and presenter of The Song Tree for BBC Radio 3; Featured on various programmes, including Woman’s Hour BBC Radio 4, Russel Davis BBC Radio 2, Pete Murray LBC. Voice Overs
- Various commercial voice overs, plus the films Rob Roy and Braveheart
Interviews with Morag >